Monday, September 3, 2007

What a crazy trip so far!


So I finally arrived in London! Yay! Took about 10 or so hours via Virgin Airlines, but I made it. The flight was awesome. They have free on-demand so you can watch a ton of different movies. I watched "The Waitress" with Keri Russell and "Mr. Bean's Holiday"... Other than those 2 movies I slept. I also enjoyed the free cocktails. I had a stiff vodka tonic and a nice glass of red wine.

Once I got hassled in customs for listing on my immigration card as "unemployed" and informing them that I was staying at my boss' place (whoops) I tried to get some cash. I was totally unsucessful! First, I tried the ATM like 8 times and of course Bank of America freezes my card and decides to be "closed for the Labor Day Holiday". THANKS for leaving me stranded! Then I went to Travelex, which I always have a hard time there and they denied me money because I didn't sign the back of my card. Even with my license, passport and 12 other forms of ID she would not take my card. I think she was just trying to be a bitch.

Finally I opted to use my HSBC card (thank god I brought it) and it saved my a$$! I brought it in case of an emergency and being stranded in London is an emergency so... Plus my boss was nice enough to front me $40 pounds until I can get ahold of BofA.

Anyhow, I took some pics of this rad flat I'm staying in. I'm gonna try and post them in a bit.

No comments: